Monday 20 June 2011

THE ROOM

To all who know me, I've been harping on about my new room for months. The paint, the carpet, the blinds, the fact that it could be an IKEA show room, the patterns, the covers, the pillows, the organisation of the books, the organisation of the shoes etc etc etc.

Moving into the attic I expected to feel like one of two people: A) Rapunzel, however what with a recent haircut and no prince charming in sight, this is unlikely. B) Jane Eyre. But life's just too comfortable, and although I can relate to the 'plain Jane' concept, Mr Rochester is too nowhere to be seen. So with no heroine to truly model myself after in my rooftop abode, I'm having to settle on just being me in an attic room. As someone whose just completed a degree which involved a lot of 'pretending,' this reality seems a little on the dull side.

Luckily however, I'm far too in love with my new dwelling to find it dull. Here for your viewing pleasure, some before & after shots to see why I'm enjoying my high in the sky lifestyle:

BEFORE




AFTER


(Cat not from IKEA)

There's still plenty to be done of course. Just like a girl's wardrobe is never complete, her room is never finished. In the next week curtains will be hung, pictures will be put up and mess will probably be accumulated. Home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment