Sunday 5 August 2012

Travel Plans

Plan 1. 
Do a 6 week Trek America trip.
Pros: You see 38 states, meet new people, do unforgettable things.
Cons: V.Expensive, could only do it in the heat of the summer and may melt.
Note: If I save like crazy & stand in front of an oven every day in practice for the sweltering heats, this is doable.



Plan 2.
Do a 3 week trip around Italy.
Pros: Own itinerary, family in Milan, the most delicious food ever known to man.
Cons: Can't really do it alone for fear of Naples, Italian men, mugging and lunatic drivers. Can't really do it with anyone else because of boyfriends/lack of funds/inability to commit.
Note: If I find someone willing (because a holiday to Italy requires such a strong sense of will...) this is really quite possible, and very exciting.



Plan 3.
Drive around Ireland & N.Ireland for a couple of weeks on a solo photography trip.
Pros: Photographer's paradise, can do it alone, probably cheapest of the three.
Cons: Will only have been driving for a year, potential for lonely boredom, no guarantee of decent weather.
Note: This all of course depends on me not wrecking my first ever car in my first year of driving. If I manage not to, it'll be a fun/interesting experiment to see how much I really can stand my own company...



So as always, I have too many plans and no way of following through on them all. What to do, what to do, what to do.... suggestions. Please. Further ideas welcomed.


No comments:

Post a Comment